In the main post on this page, we have published the background to the conference discussion on the Emmaus story.
These are the specific questions we asked participants to reflect on:
Small group discussion, first session – personal stories.
- In what ways has Quest either helped or hindered you in your personal relationship with God?
- In what ways has the Church either helped or hindered you in your personal relationship with God?
- Where do I see myself in the Emmaus story?
Small group discussion, second session – focussing on Quest, as a group.
2 questions, with report back in plenary, and also opportunity for those who wish to record personal thoughts, to do so in writing.
- What (if anything) is Quest able to offer the bishops in their task of support and ministry to the Church here on this island?
- What (if anything) would Quest hope to receive from the bishops in our task of support and ministry to LGBT Catholics?
The complete written record will be taken away, collated and digested, and later reported back to the members. Any Quest who was not able to attend but would like to contribute her/ his opinions on these questions, is welcome to do so, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or through a regional convenor.